Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day 1: I'm Back!



Welcome to Year 2 of The Advent Project. For all of you new people, The Advent Project is where I post a Christmas themed Lego model every day of December until Christmas. Some models are big, some are small, but they are all winter themed. I would encourage you to take a look at all of the previous posts. They are all from last year.



I actually had second thoughts about doing this again this year. Still, I had the feeling that if I didn't do it, half-way through December I would regret it, so I went ahead and started. I'm glad I did. I was looking through all of last year's posts, and I instantly got nostalgic.



So thats the main reason I decided to make this particular Vignette. This guy was one of the most common minifigs from last year. Here we have the Intrepid Explorer beginning another expedition. It's funny how this one particular minifig has become such a character here on the blog. I can't wait to make more scenes with him.



I decided to give him a new outfit as well to commemorate the second year of the blog. I really like how it turned out. Most of you probably don't care if he has a different shirt on, but that's fine.



So unlike last year, I really have no idea what I'm going to build next. Last year I wrote down a bunch of general ideas to build, but I have done absolutely zero planning this year :P Oh well, I think I'll survive anyway...



Anyway, I love how I was just able to talk my way through six pictures of this one model. I just couldn't bring myself to delete one of my shots. That's another thing that should be better this year. I am a better photographer than I was last year. I should have a new camera coming in soon, hopefully in time to photographize some Lego Christmas models.

Ok, who am I kidding, "photographize" isn't a word, but it sounds a whole lot cooler that "photograph" or "to take a picture". I think I just invented a new word!

Well that wraps up my first post of the year. Again, I am very exited to be doing this again, so stay tuned for more posts, festivity, and "photographized" Legos!

-Buzz Droid

No comments:

Post a Comment